thebluemask.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
thebluemask.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We collect the following information (during checkout):
- your personal name
- your email address (to send you download details for any orders you make)
- IP address (legally required as proof of country of residence for EU VAT collection and remittance purposes during checkout)
- your address (legally required as secondary proof of residence for EU VAT collection and remittance purposes during checkout)
Please note: absolutely no financial or credit card information is ever collected or stored by thebluemask.com – all transactions and payment processing takes place via PayPal when the user leaves this site during checkout.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information solely for European Union tax collection/remittance purposes, in particular for the following reasons:
- Due to European Union VAT regulations, we are required to collect 2 pieces of evidence of country of residence for sales of digital products/services
- This information is required by law and would only ever be used if required during a VAT audit as proof of lawful VAT collection and remittance
- We are required by European VAT regulations to retain this information for 7 years
- Your information will never be shared with any third parties, marketing services, persons or other companies except for governmental use in an official tax audit (if requested)
This information is never used for any marketing purposes nor will you be added to any mailing lists or newsletters (of which there are none for thebluemask.com)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, and in relation to this website can allow your country’s relevant tax rates to be applied (applicable to EU residents only).
Overall, cookies help us provide a legally required confirmation to ascertain whether you are a European Union resident and therefore if VAT is applicable to your transaction. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
Your information is never used by us for any direct marketing purposes. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties and will only provide it as evidence of compliance with EU VAT regulations if required by law to do so by that country’s official government tax agency.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please use the contact form
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.